Easy Low Carb Cooking: Over 300 Delicious Recipes for Everyday Use
Well-known Canadian authors, Dr. Harv & Patricia Haakonson present a revolutionary, balanced approach to dieting from low-fat to low carb to their special approach: “slow carb.” “Slow carbs” are carbohydrates that convert to blood sugar over time, avoiding the negative health impacts related to eating highly refined carbohydrates. “Slow carb” relies on a balance of normal food portions, including fruits, whole grains, and proteins.
What sets Slow Carb for Life apart from other low carb books? It offers:
- simple explanations for the science behind slow carb metabolism
- a realistic and proven approach to changing eating habits
- advice for special dietary needs, e.g. teens, vegetarians, and diabetics
- simple, practical, everyday tips to maintain the slow carb fat burn
- easy-to-follow daily intake guidelines for weight loss or weight maintenance
- a handy built-in carb counter and food diary to make weight loss easy
- over 100 delicious slow carb recipes for breads, muffins, and cookies in addition to soups, salads, vegetables, poultry, fish, and meat
- FAQs and testimonials about experiences and successes with this approach
This complete guide includes everything for the novice and the long-term slow carber to succeed.